"New year, new me!" As they tend to say during the final months of one year and the beginning months of another year. However, in 2017 the motto is "New Year, same me, better me!" Nothing is wrong with who you are, just improve who you are. Set new goals, see new places, meet new people, do more of what you love, and have more quiet time (time to yourself). Okay, okay I'm done preaching! Back to what this post is all about:)
Here are a few things I want to accomplish this year:
1. Less procrastination- Yes, yes procrastination happens to the best of us...or maybe it's seniortis. Either way I want to be more proactive and less lazy. I want to get stuff done!!
2. Budgeting- Working in the mall is a blessing and a curse. I love it because everything is all in one place. At the same time I feel...cut that, I know I shop way more than I used to and I need to save for that rainy day. (If my rainy day fund is low at least I'll have a cute raincoat, boots, and umbrella.)
3. Apply for more scholarships- There is sooooo much money out there that people are willing to give away and I need to get my hands on some of it. I need to find time at least a few times a week to apply for various scholarships. (That's why I started a scholarship club at my school for seniors so I could help this senioritis epedimic)
4. Read at least one book a month- I love reading I just never find myself finishing a book during the school year.
5. Graduate high school- It's been a long time and it's still coming but not coming fast enough. But when it comes I will be ready cause I graduate with my associate's degree and IB Diploma yayyyy. I still can't believe I'm going to college and will be embarking on a new world/experience that is definitely out of my comfort zone.
6. Intern for a social media or broadcast company- I believe it will be an amazing experience to work first hand in the field that I am interested in pursuing.
I have more goals that I've jotted down in my really cute dreams and schemes journal, yet, these are the most important goals for me this year. Remember quality over quantity. Focus on one goal at a time and watch your growth and your dreams unfold right before your eyes. Make 2017 a year to remember. May both you and I accomplish our goals this year. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!