"Whoever said money can't buy happiness, simply didn't know where to go shopping."- Bo Derek. Yes, the best things in life are free, but have you gone shopping?!?! The older I get the more I become interested in clothes, beauty, and fashion. On average I would say I go shopping about every other week. When working at the mall I went about a few times a week (smh). And when that direct deposit hit, those online stores were calling my name, using "free shipping","50% off everything", and even "student discount" (which I'm eligible for now) as bait. Personally, I feel that a person can never be done shopping because there is always something new being designed and a new trend being set.
Although I may not be the best at saving in the aspect of how much I shop, I am pretty good at getting deals or DIYing more expensive things. In other words, I get more bang for my buck. From one smart shopper to another, if you like shopping just as much as me and wish to save more so you can shop more lol, here are a few of my tips...
1. Go crazy on semi-annual sales (stuff can get up to 50% off if not more)
2. Download Retail me not to get coupons
3. Always shop on holidays (stores will more than likely have a sale and offer some type of discount)
4. Go thrifting (you can find some cute cheap stuff or stuff you can possibly bring back to life)
5. If something is expensive then do it/make it yourself. (Michaels and Joanne's always have a sale. Etsy and Amazon are also good for finding things you may not be able to find in stores.)
6. NEVER BUY ANYTHING FULL PRICE (there will always be a sale or a discount code that exists somewhere out there)
From one shopping addict to another, I just want you to know you are not alone and I hope some of my tips were helpful. OH! And be sure to purchase some of my affordable clothing and accessories:)(Read below for more details.) Until next time loves!